Shogyo Mujo @ Adobe MAX BASH
This amazing skull design project, Shogyo Mujo, reminds me of that Amon Tobin 3D set design which makes his stage come alive with images and graphics. I would love to see this in person as the visual feasting my eyes would enjoy would be mind-blowing.
Shogyo Mujo is a transient 3D projection-mapped skull collaboration between design firm BARTKRESA design, artist Joshua Harker, and staging company WorldStage.
It represents the 1st of the 3 marks of Dharma which states that all things are impermanent. This philosophy is visualized through a myriad of mappings onto the skull, transforming it into dozens of unique experiences.
- Skull design – Joshua Harker
- projection design – Bart Kresa
- creative direction – Bart Kresa, Vincent Rogozyk
- graphic design – Vincent Rogozyk, Dylan Roscover, Alek Morawski, Lukasz Cwiek, Marta
- Zurawska, Joshua Harker
- animation – Vincent Rogozyk, Dylan Roscover
- playback and interactive system programming – Dylan Roscover
- real time performance – Bart Kresa, Vincent Rogozyk, Dylan Roscover
- original concept – Veronique Pittman
- digital projectors – Christie Digital
- skull fabrication – Paul Quilter, Arc Stone Design